St Martin’s Primary School
Ranmore Road, Dorking, RH41HW
Club Site Mobile: 07981 343126
Ofsted Registered EY443789
All about Clubland at St Martins C of E Primary School
- Our Breakfast and Afterschool clubs have been running at St Martins C of E Primary School since 2012 and is jointly managed by Josie and Nikki who are supported by a team of enthusiastic Playworkers.
- At our latest Ofsted inspection in 2018, the setting was inspected without any Reception children in attendance and was unable to receive a Judgement, however we 'met all the requirements' and the inspector comments on 'we frequently seek the views of both children and parents to help improve the quality of the setting'. She also highlights 'how we have a good understanding of children's needs and plan activities to keep them motivated to learn'. The full report is available above to download.
- The club is based in the Portacabin on the upper playground and although this space is shared by the key stage 2 library it has not stopped the children taking ownership of the Club! They display their work, freely access play equipment and adapt the room layout to suit their play needs. They are able to unwind, relax, create, learn and play in a place they feel is their own.
- In addition to the Portacabin, we have access to the Conference room, library, school hall, ICT suite, outside play area, AstroTurf, field and our own allotment. The facilities offer the children scope for developing lots of physical and practical skills such as den building, trim trail challenges and ball/group games as well as developing cognitive skills and life skills.
Times and prices
- Our session starting at 07:15 is charged at £6 per child per day, and the session starting at 08:00 at £5.50. Both sessions include breakfast, which is served until 08:15.
- We offer a sibling discount of 50p for every child after the first full paying child. To qualify, the same parent must pay the invoice and the discount will be applied to a maximum of three children in any one family. The discount will be applied to the child/ren attending the least number of sessions. We reserve the right to withdraw the discount at any time.
- Sessions run from 15:20 until 18:00 and are charged at £15 per child per day. This includes a snack and activities.
- If you are late collecting your child, a late fee of £1 per minute will be payable directly to the supervisor.
- We offer a sibling discount of £2 for every child after the first full paying child. (To qualify, the same parent must pay the invoice and the discount will be applied to a maximum of two children in any one family. The discount will be applied to the child/ren attending the least number of sessions.)
- We also offer a 5% discount for children who attend five afterschool sessions a week.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the discounts at any time.
How to book a placePlease see our 'How to Apply' section to find out how to book a place for your child at Clubland.
AccessPlease use the coded entry gates either side of the main school building to gain access to the setting. The code will be shared with you in your welcome pack once you've registered your child/ren. Please note that the code changes periodically and when it does, we will inform you. Please do not share the code with your children for safety reasons.
RegistrationWhen you drop off or collect your child/ren, please make yourself known to the Supervisor and sign the daily register, noting the time. In accordance with school policy, we will hand your children over to the teaching staff in the morning, and at the end of the school day, all infant children will be brought to the setting by their teachers. Junior children make their own way to the setting from the classrooms. If your child attends an afterschool club, please ensure you liaise with the staff involved so they escort your child and hand them over to Clubland once the activity has finished.
BelongingsInfant children should hang their coats and bags on the coat pegs designated for their year group in the Portacabin and Juniors are to store them in the white shed by the main school gates on the top playground. All water bottles should be placed in the labelled box by the main door of the Portabcabin. Please ensure that your child does not bring valuable toys and belongings to our settings. Clubland will not be held responsible if they go missing or damaged.
AbsencesIf your child will not be attending Clubland, please contact one of the Supervisors to let them know as a matter of courtesy.
- Half termly invoices are produced at the beginning of each school half term for those with permanent sessions.
- Payment for Ad Hoc sessions can be made in advance, at the time of booking or on the day when the child is collected.
- Any failure to make payment may result in childcare being withheld.