Claygate Primary School
Foley Road, Claygate, KT10 0NB
Club Site Mobile: 07957 435818
Ofsted Registered EY375206
All about Clubland at Claygate Primary School
- Our Breakfast and Afterschool clubs have been running since September 2008 and have gone from strength to strength due to our dedicated and enthusiastic team leader. Kim manages the setting and is supported by her deputies Andreja & Sally and a wonderful team of Playworkers.
- At our latest Ofsted inspection in 2017, the setting was rated as 'Good' and the inspector comments on how the children enjoy their time at Clubland and develop their skill sets through the activities we run and the routines we adopt. She also highlights the good relationships with have with both children and parents. The full report is available above to download.
- The club has its own base, located in two Portacabins on the junior playground and the children have taken ownership, making it their own place to unwind, relax, create, learn and play and they are involved in making decisions via the Club Council. Staff encourage the children to be creative both inside and out, testing their skills and knowledge of the world by building dens in the woods, climbing trees in a supportive environment and encouraging other physical and cognitive activities. In addition to the Portacabins the children have access to the school hall, playground, field, MUGGA and ICT suite.
Times and prices
- Our session starting at 07:15 is charged at £6 per child per day, and the session starting at 08:00 at £5.50. Both sessions include breakfast, which is served until 08:15.
- We offer a sibling discount of 50p for every child after the first full paying child. To qualify, the same parent must pay the invoice and the discount will be applied to a maximum of three children in any one family. The discount will be applied to the child/ren attending the least number of sessions. We reserve the right to withdraw the discount at any time.
- Sessions run from 15:05 until 18:15 and are charged at £16 per child per day. This includes a snack and activities.
- If you are late collecting your child, a late fee of £1 per minute will be payable directly to the supervisor.
- We offer a sibling discount of £2 for every child after the first full paying child. (To qualify, the same parent must pay the invoice and the discount will be applied to a maximum of two children in any one family. The discount will be applied to the child/ren attending the least number of sessions.)
- We also offer a 5% discount for children who attend five afterschool sessions a week.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the discounts at any time.
How to book a placePlease see our 'How to Apply' section to find out how to book a place for your child at Clubland.
AccessPlease use the coded entry gates to the main school building to gain access to the setting. The code will be shared with you in your welcome pack once you've registered your child/ren. Please note that the code changes periodically and when it does, we will inform you. Please do not share the code with your children for safety reasons. Again, for safety reasons, please close all the gates behind you as you walk to/from the lower playground where Clubland is based.
RegistrationWhen you drop off or collect your child/ren, please make yourself known to the Supervisor and sign the daily register, noting the time. In accordance with school policy, we will hand your children over to the teaching staff in the morning, and at the end of the school day, all infant children will be collected by a member of Clubland staff. Junior children make their own way to the setting from the classrooms. If your child attends an afterschool club, please ensure you liaise with the staff involved so they escort your child and hand them over to Clubland once the activity has finished.
BelongingsChildren should hang their coats and bags on the coat pegs designated for their age group and all water bottles should be placed in the labelled box by the main sink. Please ensure that your child does not bring valuable toys and belongings to our settings. Clubland will not be held responsible if they go missing or damaged.
AbsencesIf your child will not be attending Clubland, please contact the Supervisor to let them know as a matter of courtesy.
- Half termly invoices are produced at the beginning of each school half term for those with permanent sessions.
- Payment for Ad Hoc sessions can be made in advance, at the time of booking or on the day when the child is collected.
- Any failure to make payment may result in childcare being withheld.